Achievements & Awards
Over the last 15 years (by the end of 2017)…
- SCW has been working directly on the protection of 41,500+ hectares of forest. That’s 56,000 soccer fields!
- In total, these efforts contributed to the conservation of 760,700+ hectares of forest and wildlife habitat. That’s 1 million soccer fields!
- SCW established 13 Community Protected Areas (CPAs) – 7 in the North-East and 6 along the coastal zone – and continues supporting them.
- SCW hosted 35+ Youth Debates
- SCW supported more than 15 projects in 8 Cambodian provinces
Over the last 10 years (by the end of 2017)…
- SCW established 45+ Eco-Clubs in 5 provinces
Over the past 3 years (by the end of 2017)…
- SCW trained 39,000+ people on Natural Resource Management (NRM), Non-Timber Forest Products (NTFPs), Eco-Tourism and Rights-Based Approach (RBA)
- SCW established 800+ Saving for Change groups with 14,000+ members (78% females) and an accumulative member saving of 316,000+ USD
- SCW trained 102,000+ direct right holders and duty bearers
- SCW is GPP certified: NGO Governance & Professional Practice
- GPP was established in 2004 by the Cooperation Committee for Cambodia (CCC)
- It is a voluntary audit to ensure accountability, good governance and transparency in the NGO sector
- “Letter of Appreciation” from the Cambodian Ministry of Environment (May 2018) for SCW’s efforts to promote the education of children and youth in 2018
- “Letter of Appreciation” from the Cambodian Ministry of Environment (June 2017) for SCW’s ongoing efforts for environmental protection and conservation.