Goal, Vision, Mission, Values
Goal & Strategic Objective
As a leading national NGO in environmental protection and biodiversity conservation, SCW enables increased community ownership for sustainable livelihoods and effective Natural Resource Management.
A world, where nature, wildlife and human beings co-exist peacefully.
To protect and conserve natural resources and wildlife habitats through:
- Education & Community Mobilization
- Integrated Alternative Livelihoods
Values – strong as a TIGER
- Transparency & accountability
- Integrity & honesty
- Green action
Transparency & Accountability
- We don’t practice any hidden agendas or conditions. We openly provide full information on our activities – as practicable within the legal framework – for collaboration, cooperation, and collective decision making. SCW’s Annual Reports including Financial Reports, Goal/Vision/Mission/Values, Strategic Direction and Project Information are available on our website.
- We responsibly stand by our decision and actions, and are able to justify them to our stakeholders. If we make a mistake, we report and correct it – seeking help, if needed. We act in the best interest and overall well-being of our projects, and we use all resources – human, financial, assets – in an efficient and effective way. Written reports on project progress including challenges and lessons learned are submitted regularly to our donors; SCW also discusses these during quarterly partner meetings.
Integrity & Honesty
- We are true to ourselves, following our moral and ethical convictions. We live our values in our relationships with coworkers, beneficiaries, partners and other stakeholders.
- We say what we mean, and mean what we say. We communicate clearly and use easy to understand words and language. We don’t lie, cheat or steal. SCW operates under a strict “Zero Tolerance” policy for theft, corruption and fraud.
- We act in an environmentally friendly manner, striving to be role models for each other, and to our friends, family and civil society.
- We reduce, reuse, recycle, avoid environmental pollution and minimize harm to the environment.
- We start from ourselves. Walk the talk – ensuring that our actions are in line with our vision, mission and values. We take action now, instead of later.
- We engage our target groups – indigenous communities, youth, women – and civil society in environmental protection and biodiversity conservation, enabling them to be actors for change and shape their own, greener future.
- We are creative and innovative regarding eco-friendly processes and technology, and continuously improve our performance, in order to fulfill our vision.
- This value is firmly set in SCW’s Strategic Direction and strongly encourages and enables communities to take ownership for their matters and become self-sustainable.
- We respect everyone’s rights and opinions. We treat everyone equally and create equal opportunities – regardless of age, nationality, race, gender, disability, sexual orientation, religion or belief. This value is supported by SCW’s gender policy.
- We treat everyone in a polite, kind and fair manner. We listen when others speak and encourage each other to express opinions and ideas. Communication is open and civil, and we acknowledge differences and value them. Conflicts are addressed early and there is a culture of empowerment and cooperation. Besides humans, we also respect nature and wildlife, protecting them and keeping harm from them, striving for harmony between humans and nature. This value is strongly supported by SCW’s Vision and Mission.